Thursday, September 28, 2017

Intermittent Fasting makes my house cleaner

One of the things I love about intermittent fasting is that it doesn't just make me healthier and lower my blood sugar, it makes my house cleaner.

How does it do that? Well, I don't have to make breakfast. Which means I don't have to clean up after breakfast. I don't have a working dishwasher and my kitchen sink faucet doesn't work, so I have to wash all dishes I dirty in a dishpan on the table, and dump the used water in the backyard.

Not eating breakfasts--- and sometimes skipping other meals--- lowers my burden of dishwashing and kitchen clean up. And the time I used to spend doing breakfast can be spent doing other neglected housecleaning chores.

Now, I will never be a great housekeeper. I'm just satisfied with being better than the people on that 'Hoarders' TV show. But the little-bit-better that I become because of intermittent fasting shows.

Another way fasting can help is that it gives you more energy. That can also contribute to house cleaning. But I must admit that in the last few years I get less of that extra energy than I used to.  When I first started doing Atkins, the energy rush I got when I went into ketosis was like being on drugs.

Now, when I get into ketosis through ketogenic diets or intermittent fasting, I don't get that. I mostly just feel better than the way I feel when I'm eating carbs, which is not a great feeling.

When I have a hard time sticking to my intermittent fasting, cleaning something or doing other household chores is a help. When you get busy, you aren't thinking about food all the time and you notice hunger less. And it helps with food cravings. The more work you do, the less these things will bother you. SO: clean house! It will help you with your fasting and keto plans to become healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, but are always welcome. Comments with swearing, spam comments, off-topic comments and comments which are just flattery of me, not being of general interest, are read by me but not posted to the blog.