Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Looking for a few good keto - lowcarb - Atkins - carnivore blogs

They say Diogenes, an ancient Greek, was on a constant search for an honest man. And didn’t find one. My search is for a good blog on the keto/lowcarb/Atkins or carnivore lifestyle. And they are hard to find.

I searched one blog directory that said it was the best blog directory ever. It had very few lowcarb blogs— because it charged over 100 dollars for the cheapest level of inclusion. No wonder it wasn’t the kind of directory that one could actually use to find a blog.

Using a search engine has one main problem: you will find 100 blog posts, often on very popular non-keto blogs, that mention keto and condemn it as a dangerous ‘fad’ diet, before you get to one blog that is actually a blog about keto.

I’ve found lists of ‘best keto blogs’ and gone down the list, adding most to my blog sidebar. I’ve found some good ones. I’ve found others that are so filled with ads and pop-up ads and pop-up signups for an email list and loads of pictures that my poor old computer couldn’t stay on the blog long enough to read even one post! (Don’t do that. If you make it hard to read your posts, you drive away potential viewers of your ads.)

There are a number of kinds of blog in our category:
  • Recipe blogs. Some are good, some are too dessert-oriented, some use ‘Net’ carbs and don’t give total carbs.
  • Personal experience blogs. These can be very inspiring.
  • Latest keto science blogs. A help to learn more.
  • Political action. Campaigns to change official food guidelines like ‘MyPlate,’ or get sugar out of children’s foods
  • Mixed blogs. A little of everything.

When I first started blogging on my very first blog many years ago, there were good, free blog directories. Now they are gone, and I feel a need to help replace them by adding lots of our keto blogs to my sidebar (which hides the ones that haven’t been recently updated.)

My current desire is particularly for carnivore diet blogs. I haven’t found a carnivore blog yet at all! I am also interested in blogs from non-US bloggers. I’m sure the problems faced by Filipinos and Koreans and Dutch people in going keto may be different from my own experiences! 

Are you a blogger? Even if you are a new blogger and are not sure your blog is any good, I’d love to look at your blog and consider it for inclusion on my sidebar. Remember, even minor, beginner, humble blogs can grow into something popular and impressive!


Do you have any favorite blogs? What type of keto blogs do you prefer? Let me know about your favorites in a comment. And if you are a blogger yourself, please do include a link to your blog in a comment— it will help me a lot!




2 comments:

  1. It's hard to find experienced people for this subject, but you sound like you know what you're talking about!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blog about keto topics in addition to other subjects on my blog at https://kaylynnakers.com.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, but are always welcome. Comments with swearing, spam comments, off-topic comments and comments which are just flattery of me, not being of general interest, are read by me but not posted to the blog.