Monday, September 10, 2018

Beginning the No-Breakfast Plan Experiment

Today I begin my official No-Breakfast Plan experiment! Now, I've been doing the no-breakfast thing on and off because I've heard it recommended in various health books including 'Fit for Life' by Harvey Diamond--- though Diamond lets you drink fruit juice while you are doing morning 'fasting.'

Lately though I've been eating breakfast more to keep me on track with my ketodiet. And since I've been doing longer fasting, if I was hungry in the mornings, I ate. I've also allowed myself more fasting fluids, including bulletproof beverages and bone broth, in the morning fasting, and I am experimenting with leaving these calorie-containing beverages OUT.

My Baseline Readings:
Blood sugar: 82 (good reading)
Weight: 178.4 (up a little)
Blood Pressure: 146/99 (Not good, but usual for me.)

My blog readers (should I have any at this moment) are welcome to join me in this experiment. Since I know that there are a lot of people, unlike me, who never skip breakfast and who are not on ketogenic diets, I know that it will be easier for me than for these people.  Feel free to comment about your own experiences with the No-Breakfast Plan on this blog. More information on this experiment is to be found in the previous blog post here.

It is important to remember that the No-Breakfast Plan is not about eating fewer calories in the day, or about punishing yourself for eating 'too many' calories. As you learn more about ketodiet and healthy lifestyle you will learn of research that clearly shows that calories don't count as much as the kind of foods you eat, and that low-calorie diets are ineffective for weight loss, slow the metabolism and lead to regaining more weight than the dieter lost.

What the No-Breakfast Plan is about is this: you are extending your nightly fasting period by a few hours. Your body has a few more hours relief from dealing with food. If you have Insulin Resistance, your body needs a break from producing excess insulin and having too much insulin in the body. It has some of the benefits of longer periods of fasting, but even those opposed to fasting don't reckon that skipping breakfast is going to cause people to die.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, but are always welcome. Comments with swearing, spam comments, off-topic comments and comments which are just flattery of me, not being of general interest, are read by me but not posted to the blog.