Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Keto means learning to say 'no'

Going keto is about learning to say 'no' to yourself and to others. You have to toughen up and learn to do that.

Your very first morning on keto you had to skip your normal breakfast --- perhaps Froot Loops,  or toast,  or pancakes --- and learn to like permitted keto foods in the morning.

After you got into ketosis,  perhaps you went a step beyond and tried morning fasting,  or skipping your accustomed snack times. More saying no! In time,  when you stay on keto,  it gets easier. You find more keto foods you love,  and lose your hunger for high-carb junk food. You feel less hungry --- even when you have just fasted two days.

Sometimes you will really need that new saying-no ability.  Recently I was hospitalized.  I got offered a lot of high-carb institutional food--- even though I am diabetic. I said no. Since I  was in ketosis and also sick,  I didn't mind much when I had to turn down food, and since they were so amazed I was a diabetic and not on meds,  they accommodated my dietary needs.

Now I am in a rehab center. They try to get me stuff I can eat in spite of the fact they don't understand or approve low-carb. I have even trained most of them to bring me 2 pats of butter for my coffee!

The fact that I have learned to say 'no' to my raging appetite by using keto (and fasting) means I am able to survive temptations and keep my blood glucose under control.  And I  was never a  person with any amount of willpower. If I can do keto even in a hospital or rehab center,  anyone can do it.

Don't get discouraged,  a lot of keto folks are people who never had willpower or diet success.  You don't need the willpower.  You just need to learn enough about keto to do it.  It is science based,  and actual science works.

8 comments:

  1. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. That is an extremely well written article.

    I'll be sure to bookmark it and come back to learn more of your
    useful information. Thank you for the post. I'll definitely comeback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, i think that i saw you visited my weblog so i came to ?return the favor?.I'm attempting
    to find things to improve my web site!I suppose
    its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed to compose you the very small note to help give thanks once again for
    the fantastic solutions you have shared above. It was so incredibly generous
    with you to deliver easily exactly what many people would have sold as an ebook in making some money for themselves, principally since you might well have tried it if you wanted.

    The good ideas additionally worked to be the easy way to be sure
    that other people have the same keenness just as my personal own to understand
    more concerning this matter. I think there are some more pleasant
    moments in the future for folks who scan your site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bookmarked!!, I like your web site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to follow along and let you know how much I valued discovering this blog today.

    We would consider it a honor to work at my company and
    be able to operate on the tips provided on your blog
    and also take part in visitors' comments like this.
    Should a position of guest article author become offered at your end, you should let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I constantly emailed this web site post page to all
    my friends, for the reason that if like to read it then my friends will too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, I want to subscribe for this webpage to take latest
    updates, so where can i do it please help out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Keto & Fasting Life is literally the BEST keto diet blog anywhere, I love it, and I’m also so grateful I found 28-Day Keto Diet Challenge https://mmini.me/28-day-keto, it’s helped me eat well and lose 30 pounds! Hope it helps some others!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, but are always welcome. Comments with swearing, spam comments, off-topic comments and comments which are just flattery of me, not being of general interest, are read by me but not posted to the blog.